The origins of the company Aceto Balsamico de Duca date back to 1891, when Adriano Grosoli, owner of a prestigious delicatessen, started the sale of self-produced specialties such as salami, sausages, meat, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Lambrusco wine, and Balsamic Vinegar. The company stood out for the quality of its products: in February 1927, during the International Exhibition in Genoa, it was awarded with „The Diploma of Grand Prix and Gold Medal for the special processing of traditional product„.
Some time later, the son Mario followed Adriano, and continued the business with the same passion of his father. In 1972, Mario left the direction to his son Adriano who, since 19747 has decided to dedicate himself exclusively to the production of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Together with his wife Luciana, Adriano chose the name Aceto Balsamico del Duca, and market the product with the image of Duke Francesco I D’Este, one of the most famous passionate producer of that „balm” which was extremely appreciated by the Estense family.
The portrait, painted by Velázquez in 1638, is currently exposed in the Galleria Estence (Modena), and, since the seventies, it has been the unmistakable logo of the company. With this image, the product became famous on the tables of the whole world.
Aceto Balsamico del Duca considers the Quality System Certification an indispensable tool for an adequate and precise business management, besides an additional guarantee for customers and supliers.
For this reason, the company management decided to certify its Quality System according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 since 1999.
The company voluntarily submits to the following certification of process:
- The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, which guarantees good manufacturing practices that meet the quality levels expected by the customers;
- The IFS standard (International Food Standard) is related to food security and is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- Besides PDO and PGI certifications, since 1985 the company is certified according to European, Canadian, American, and Japanese standards for Organic products, and shows the International organic symbols on packaging.
Besides the certifications of product and process, Aceto Balsamico del Duca guarantees a unique product thanks to the us of:
- cooked grape must from grapes of Lambrusco, Sangiovese, Trebbiano, Albana, Ancellotta, Fortana, Montuni (produced in the area of origin);
- Italian wine vinegar;
- raw materials from non-geneticall modified grapes (no GMO), and with low content of sulfites (only natural traces);
- production and bottling in the Province of Modena (area of origin).
Aceto Balsamico del Duca is also amonge the founders of:
- Since 1993, „Consorzio Tutela Aceto Balsamico di Modena„. It can affix the consortium seals on the bottles.
- Since 1994, „Consorzio Tutela Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena„, that directly bottles the product after organoleptic and chemical analysis.
It has an intense, sightly fruity aroma, and a strong taste with just a touch of sweetness. It is indicated for daily use, ideal for cooking, marinating, or even raw, to enrich meat and vegetables.
· 250ml · 250ml (spray) · 500ml · 1000ml · 3000ml · 5000ml
An excellent Balsamic Vinegar of Modena appreciated for its delicate bouquet reminiscent of fresh fruit. The recipe is rich of grape must that enhances its sweetness. It is especially recommended on cooked or raw vegetables, and for the preparation of risotto, meat or fish.
· 250ml · 250ml (spray)
DAL 1891 – DA 1891 BIO
It was born from an ancient family recipe that recalls tastes, and perfume of the past. It is obtaine from a specific cooking of must coming from selected grapes, and from the maturation in precious oak barrels. It is a dense and velvety product; its delicate bouquet, and the full-bodied structure are balanced harmoniously. It is recommended to use raw. Also available organic.
· 250ml · 250ml (with box)
GREEN CAP – ORGANIC
The Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, produced with certified organic grapes, is the right product for those who prefer eating natural food and taking an active interest in their own health, and in the environment. It does not contain any added coloring and preservatives. Its taste is sweet and sour with an intense note of wood where it is matured. It is full-bodied in taste, and it is, therefore, ideal for grilled or fresh vegetables.
· 250ml · 250ml (with box and pourer) · 500 ml
All the qualities of our Balsamic Vinegar of Modena in a thick, smooth cream, ready for use. Excellent seasoning for raw and cooked vegetables, on cheese, and to enhance the taste of each dish. Ideal to create special decorations. Discover the different flavours produced exclusively with natural flavourings.
- classic – to create special decorations on sweet and salty dishes with an unmistakable sweet-sour taste
- orange – recommended for all fish dishes
- mixed berries – excellent on ice cream,dessert and mousse
- fig – recommended with cheese
- rosemary – ideal for grilled meats
- truffle – for exclusive and refined risottos and first courses
- basil – perfect on caprese salad
· 250ml · 500 ml